CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Needing to Vent so if you believe your perfect PLEASE DON"T READ!

Do you ever sit and ponder and wonder if your a good parent? Well I've been struggling with it lately. Everyone comments to me about how I just spend money, how my kids will know every swear word by the time they are 3, oh come on he's not that bad, etc etc....the LIST GOES ON AND ON................Well let me break it to you ALL! I'm not perfect and I never will be. Infact I'm to the point we're I've STOPPED trying to make it to the top in Heaven. I am who I am and I'm perfectly fine being ME! Take it or leave it! My kid drinks mtn dew, I laugh if he says a cuss word, I scream when I'm angry but that doesn't mean I don't love him and don't want the best for him. Yes daily I wish Ben could stay home and raise them and maybe he'd do a hell of a job but unfortunatly he loves the army and thats what he's best at. I sometimes wonder if my children would do better at a daycare while I was at work (heck maybe they'd learn how to be polite who knows) but then I sit and wonder what would be the point of having them then? I'm not saying you awesome mothers who have jobs are any less of a mom believe me I just am feeling a little lost in this world. I've always liked to do my own thing. I would KILL to have a job right now. I wish I could even figure it out to where I could work at night. But obviously heavenly father doesn't have that in my plans. So for now I will sit back and watch and half heartly give up. Such is life right?!?!? Enjoy your week!

6 comments:

Greg and Taya said...

I think we're all more alike than we think. I wonder all the time if I'm a good enough mom, and I bet everyone does. We all have our weaknesses, and we're all human. It can be so hard to not show how you really feel when you're upset with your kids, and belive me, I do it more than I want to. I beat myself up for not spending enough time with them, and so many other things all the time. When I read your blog, I KNOW you love your kids, and that's what's most important. I think you're a wonderful mom.

Sasha said...

I'm so sorry you're feeling so down! I think as long as your being the best you know how to be, nobody can ask for anything more! I have my days that I'm sure if someone were around, I'd be in trouble! I yell, I ignore, I am NOT pleasant to be around. But it's ok, because it's part of being a normal, loving parent. Frustrations and happiness go hand in hand. You just have to know you were given this life and opportunity because you CAN do it, and you will get through it. :) Keep your chin up, things will get better. And you are wonderful! <3<3 <3

Mandy said...

I don't know who these other people are that sent a comment. But I just wanted to comment that I had read it. Hope you feel a little better now that you have vented. Like I said before. Can't give you any advice because I am a bad Mom. Mandy

jEnNy CaRaWaY said...

I don't know who you were talking about in that vent cause the Heidi I know is an awesome mom!!!!! I know without a doubt that you LOVE your babies to pieces. In fact you spoil them rotten!!! And there is nothing wrong with that! I hope you have an amazing time in Florida and I cannot wait till you move here to Alabama!!!!!!!! Your my best friend and I love you dearly!

Dave and Emily said...

Heidi~ I dont know if you remember me but I was friends with Mandy growing up. I remember you being a baby! I follow your blog and I love it! I just caught up and thought I would comment. Being a mom is the hardest job ever. I have 3 kids and I know how hard it is. I yell and scream and cuss and cry all the time. But guess what noone said you have to be perfect. I have tried to stay home and I have tried working. It is hard no matter what you do. But guess what even though it is hard, it is also the most rewarding. When you look at your babies faces you know they love you no matter what! Its ok to have problems and doubt yourself that what makes you a good mom! I love you! Your amazing and I am proud of you! Keep up the awesome work and dont let being a mommy get you down. Noone can judge you!

Emily

Adam, Elisa and Josh said...

wow....